I love oats for brekkie. I even love adding colours more, so the dish looks so pretty & insta-worthy. Not to mention the added nutrients!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- Cinnamon + sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp butterfly pea powder (optional for colour)
- To top:
- Chia seeds
- Step 1 Bring the milk to a boil and stir in your oats. Lower the heat and continue to cook/stir the oats until cooked (about 5-10 minutes). Take off heat and stir in cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla and maple syrup. Then stir in your yogurt until creamy. Now add the butterfly pea powder or any other colouring if using.
- Step 2 Add in your optional additions, top with fruit of choice and any additional toppings.