This cheesy-flavoured spread made from macademia nuts is SO delicious! If you soak your macademias, this can be ready within minutes. Store in an air-tight container and enjoy for breakfast or lunch or as a dip with some vegies. You can use pitaya powder from Just Blends (Australia) or Raw Nice (Europe) to colour this spread without nasties – or simply use water from boiled red cabbage with a splash of lemon to use it pink (explained in my post How To Naturally Colour Your Food here)
- 1 cup macademia nuts drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 8-10 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- Optional for pink colour: 1 tsp pitaya powder
- Step 1 Soak the macadamias for about 30 minutes in warm water.
- Step 2 Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add more water if needed.
- Step 3 Add the pitaya powder for the pink colour. Or opt to replace the water for blue water that has turned purple from boiling red cabbage, with a splash of lemon to turn it pink.