We millennials love our smashed avocado, so I’ve decided to add a little twist to it (literally!). Try this next time you fancy something fancier.
Smashed avo on toast with a twist
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 slice of (Ezekiel) bread
- handful of alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp edamame beans
- juice of 1 lemon
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Step 1 Steam the edamame for 3-4 minutes in a microwave-safe bowl or in a steamer.
- Step 2 Now the hard part: the avocado. Slice an avocado in half and peel one half. Smooth the avocado with your fingers and slice into very thin (about 1 mm) slices. Don’t break them apart, this is essential! Now move the slices vertically (softly and with patience!).
- Step 3 Your next move is to create the ‘flower’. Start moving your avocado snail into a circle and keep moving until the end of the snail. There are lots of YouTube videos on how to do this if you need any help.
- Step 4 Transfer your avo flower onto a slice of bread with sprouts and top with the edamame, chili flakes, salt, pepper and splash of lemon (or lime).
- Step 5 I’d like to add a drizzle of balsamic glaze as a finishing touch.