After seeing so many Instagram posts and YouTube videos about these smoothie bowls, I tried to make them myself. And o my, they are so delicious. I love smoothies, but this thickness adds more of an ice cream texture to it and I love crunchy toppings! Here are some smoothie bowl inspirations to whip them up yourself. I used my Magimix Le Blender, but you can use any (powerful) blender or food processor.
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- Any (frozen) fruits like berries, pineapple, peaches, kiwi fruit
- 50-100ml of liquid like water, orange juice, nut milk, coconut water.
Blend this until very smooth. Add some power powders like:
- Alkalising greens
- Protein powder
Now the fun part! Start topping. Make sure you have your toppings chopped and ready, because your smoothie can become very liquid and runny so add this quick to snap your pic.
- Fruits like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, dragon fruit, kiwi fruit, goji berries, pineapple or any other exotic and delicious fruits
- Nuts and seeds like walnuts, slivered almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds…
- Other delicious toppings like rice puffs, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, granola, nut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon or anything you like!
Enjoy and let me know how you like your smoothie bowl!
Mine on the photo had:
- 1 frozen banana
- a handful of frozen raspberries and blueberries
- 50 ml of oat milk
- a handful of Herman Brot Chocolate Protein Muesli
- slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp goji berries