I love a good chili filled with beans and tomatoes. It’s such a simple yet delicious meal that you can whip up within 30 minutes. Serve with brown rice, quinoa (optional) and avocadoes. There you go! Enjoy!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200g white button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce, plus more if desired
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, or any other mushroom
- 1 can white cannellini beans
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, plus more if desired
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bags of brown rice + quinoa (to steam in microwave)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced, to serve
- chopped parsley, to serve
- Step 1 Dice onion and garlic, and add to deep frying pan on medium heat. Saute with water or oil and a pinch salt until onion becomes translucent in colour, approx. 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Slice white bottom mushrooms and add to the frying pan. Saute mushroom, stirring often until softened and brown, approx. 10 minutes.
- Step 3 Add sundried tomatoes and tomato sauce to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring chili to a low simmer, then add oyster mushrooms. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, then add white cannellini beans.
- Step 4 Steam your rice and quinoa in the microwave.
- Step 5 Season the chili with smoked paprika, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add more tomato sauce, smoke paprika, salt and pepper if desired.
- Step 6 Serve chilli in bowls over with steamed brown rice and quinoa, and top with sliced avocado and fresh parsley or coriander.