Cauliflower Chick’n? You’re first reaction probably isn’t “Oh this is gonne be yummy!” … but don’t be fooled – it actually is! The cauliflower bits are so cripsy and with the General Tso marinade it’s just delicious.
Recipe by Raw Till Whenever.
- Chik’n Ingredients
- 1 cup flour (any)
- 1 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- General Tso’s Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Thumbsized Ginger, Minced
- 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- Fried rice:
- 4 servings of rice (microwavable or boiled)
- Frozen cut vegies
- 2 eggs
- sweet & sour sauce
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 230C. Mix the flour & water together into a batter.
- Step 2 Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter one by one. Then dip into bread crumbs until evenly coated. Continue this process until all the cauliflower is covered.
- Step 3 Place all the cauliflower bites on a sheet of baking paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Step 4 While the cauliflower mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.
- Step 5 Cook the rice.
- Step 6 After 30 min, take the cauliflower out of the oven and dip them one by one in the General Tso’s sauce and place back on the baking tray. Do this process until all the cauliflower are covered in the sauce. Place back in oven for 15 min.
- Step 7 Add the rice to a frying pan with the frozen vegetables and add 2 eggs to it. Keep stirring until the egg is combined and the frozen vegies are thawed.
- Step 8 Serve the chick’n on a bed of fried rice and drizzle with leftover sauce or sweet & sour sauce, with some sesame seeds.