Zucchini boats are so much fun to make! They are the perfect weeknight dinner, as you can whip this up in under 30 minutes.
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 thumb size fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon of each:
- turmeric powder
- cumin powder
- coriander powder
- handful of sultanas
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line an oven plate with baking sheet.
- Step 2 Cut each zucchini in half horizontally, then scoop out the seeds. Place in the oven for 20 minutes until tender.
- Step 3 In the meanwhile we’ll make the filling.
- Step 4 Heat some water or olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, ginger, garlic and carrot to the pan. Keep stirring.
- Step 5 Add the spices and stir it all together. Cook for about 10-15 min until your zucchinis are ready.
- Step 6 Add the sultanas & chickpeas and stir to mix in well. Turn off the heat.
- Step 7 Spoon the filling into the zucchinis and serve.