After my famous Beetsteak Burgers, Jackfruit Sliders and Bean Burgers it is now time for a real vegie burger. This one is so quick to make and has a bit of spice to it, which is great to balance out with a sweeter tomato relish. Enjoy vego burger & beer night!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g mushrooms
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 150g rolled oats (optionally: ground into oat meal)
- 4 burger buns
- cos lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- tomato relish
- Step 1 Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are soft in a large pan.
- Step 2 Add the mushrooms with some freshly cracked black pepper. Stir for about 3 minutes.
- Step 3 Pour the mushroom mixture into to a blender with the herbs, spices and lentils and blend.
- Step 4 Scoop into a bowl and mix in the oats, then make patties out of them.
- Step 5 Fry them on each side until crisp (about 3-4 min on each side).
- Step 6 Serve in the bun with relish, cos lettuce and sliced tomatoes.