Another 15-minute pasta! This spinach and basil version is lovely too, however I had lots of avocadoes leftover (I know, crazy!) and I turned it into a creamy sauce. I used bean spaghetti because it’s gluten-free and full of protein (and it’s very tasty). This is a great dish to whip-up post workout and fuel your body! Topped with some hemp seeds, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, nutritional yeast, pine nuts, balsamic glaze and vegan parmasan (or shredded almonds / cashews are nice too!)
Per serve (without spaghetti): 317 kcal // 13g protein • 20g carbs • 24g fats
Per serve (with gluten-free bean spaghetti): 478 kcal // 35g protein • 35g carbs • 26g fats
- 1 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- Zest of 1/2 of a large lemon
- Juice of 1/2 of a large lemon
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toppings: hemp seeds, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, pine nuts, balsamic glaze, vegan parmasan or anything you desire!
- Step 1 Boil water in a pot and add the spaghetti. Boil al dente for 10-12 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, prepare the avocado sauce. In a food processor or blender, add the flesh of the ripe avocados, almond milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil leaves, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. Blend until very smooth.
- Step 3 Drain the pasta and mix with the avocado sauce.
- Step 4 Finish pasta with fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, hemp seeds and pine nuts.