This is another GREAT recipe by Avant Garde Vegan. The sriracha ketchup really so good. A lovely dish to make a big batch off to chuck ’em in the freezer or fridge for quick dinners & leftover lunches!
- For the meatballs (to make approx. 20):
- 500g hard tofu
- Big gandful parsley
- Spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (egg replacement)
- 5 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 8-10 tbsp buckwheat flour
- For the sauce:
- Tomato ketchup
- Maple syrup
- To serve:
- Rice noodles
- Baby broccoli
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Add the flax seeds and water in a bowl.
- Step 2 Crumble the tofu and all the other ingredients in a bowl. Mash with potato masher.
- Step 3 Roll into balls with flour.
- Step 4 Put some oil in a frying pan and fry them approx. 1-2 min until they are fried evenly
- Step 5 Pop the meatballs in the oven for approx. 15 min while you grill your vegies.
- Step 6 Add all your vegies (in batches) in a large grill pan with some coconut oil. Grill over high to medium heat.
- Step 7 Boil the noodles according to the packet.
- Step 8 Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients until a sauc-y consistency has formed.
- Step 9 Serve & enjoy!