I have made a traditional tzaziki with Greek yoghurt before, but I have now experimented with the vegan version. And I am proud to say it’s so easy and filled with protein and flavour. So leave the yoghurt of your plate and let’s try this vegan version!
- 750g = 2 packs of organic firm silken tofu
- 2 lemons. squeezed into fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cucumber, grated
- Bunch of mint
- Bunch of dill
- Pinch of oregano
- Step 1 Prepare the cucumber and crushed / minced garlic. Make sure to squeeze out all excess water from the cucumber using paper towels or a clean cloth.
- Step 2 Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Step 3 Let the flavours develop for 1h, but you can also serve it immediately!
- Step 4 Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.