Yes! Finally a great vegan spaghetti with lots of protein, fiber and low fat. And above all, this one is VERY quick and easy if you have prepared your ‘meatballs’ beforehand. You can substitute the edamame spaghetti for any other bean spaghetti, or opt for wholemeal/wholegrain spaghetti in stead of the good ol’ wheat spaghetti.
makes: 1 serving
prep time: 3 min
cook time: 7 min
total time: 10 min
- 3 mushroom and white bean ‘meatballs’
- 50g of edamame spaghetti, or any other spaghetti
- 3/4 to 1 cup of (homemade) vegie pasta sauce
- Handful of spinach, rocket or kale
- Tbsp capers
- Tsp nutritional yeast (also called savoury yeast)
Heat the ‘meatballs’ with the sauce in a pot over medium-low heat or in a microwave.
In the meanwhile, cook the pasta. When done cooking, drain and rinse and put in a bowl. Add the ‘meatballs’ and sauce to the bowl.
Tear apart some greens, like rocket or spinach. Sprinkle with some capers and nutritional yeast and buon appetito! If you like this dish vegetarian, just use some Parmesan cheese in stead of the nutritional yeast.