We loooove noodle soup – it’s so easy to make and yet so nutritiousness.
makes: 4 servings
prep time: 10 min
cook time: 15 min
- 500 ml mushroom or vegetable stock
- 2 cups (500ml) of water
- 350g sweet chili tofu nuggets (or use any other flavoured tofu, or use firm tofu chopped in “nugget” size and fry with sweet chili sauce)
- 270g organic soba noodles (3-4 servings of noodles)
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 120g fresh spinach
1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- thumb size of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- toppings: spring onion, sesame seeds, chili flakes, sprouts
Add the onion, garlic cloves and fresh ginger to a food processor and chop finely – or chop on a cutting board. Add them to a medium sized pot with a little bottom of water. Fry for a few minutes and then add the sesame oil, tamari, stock and water.
Let this simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
In the meanwhile, add the tofu nuggets to a stir fry and fry them on low heat. Don’t forget to turn them over!
Slice the carrots and add these to the stock.
With about 3-4 minutes to go, add the soba noodles to the stock.
Now add the mushrooms and miso paste.
To serve: add the broth and noodles to a bowl and top with fresh spinach, sprouts, tofu, spring onions, sesame seeds and chili flakes.