Soooo many good bowls to choose from! This week I made a big batch of falafels, which are full of flavour and so crunchy!
Recipe by Christie Swadling.
- 1½ can chickpeas rinsed very thoroughly
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup (buckwheat) flour
- 1 tsp of each: Smoked paprika, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper
- Super food grain salad:
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1/4 cup of pepitas
- Olive oil
- To serve:
- Fresh kale
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- juice of 1 lemon
- Step 1 Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Step 2 Start with adding all the ingredients for the falafel in a food processor and process until smooth. If the “paste” is very moist, add more flour.
- Step 3 Roll the falafels into little balls or patties and lightly fry them over medium high head in a large frying pan with some oil. Fry for about 2-3 min on each side.
- Step 4 Transfer the falafels to an oven plate with baking paper and place in the oven for 20 min.
- Step 5 In the meanwhile, make your super food grain salad. I used pre-cooked brown rice and quinoa. Mix this with pepitas and some olive oil.
- Step 6 Now wash your kale and massage this with nutritional yeast and fresh lemon juice.
- Step 7 When the falafels are ready, serve everything in a bowl or a plate and top with hummus and coleslaw.