Yet another weekly Buddha bowl – this week called the Soul Bowl and is served in a Mexican style with spicy grilled tempeh and a salsa verde vinaigrette. For more bowls that are your best friend for food prep, check out this link.
- For the tempeh
- 300g tempeh
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon adobo (from a can of chipotles in adobo) or hot salsa
- For the vinaigrette
- 1 large handful fresh parsley
- 1 large handful fresh rocket salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- fresh black pepper
- For the bowl
- Microwavable brown rice
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large handfuls of kale, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced
- Step 1 Slice the tempeh into smaller pieces and steam for 7-10 minutes.
- Step 2 In the meanwhile, make your tempeh marinade. Add the steamed tempeh over the marinade and cover for the next 2 hours or overnight.
- Step 3 Heat a large grill pan over medium heat and add the tempeh with marinade. Grill for 7-8 min total and flip halfway through.
- Step 4 In the meanwhile, make your vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a food processor.
- Step 5 Steam the rice in the microwave and chop your kale, red onion and jalepeno. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Step 6 Add all the ingredients in a bowl and serve with the vinaigrette.