It’s been too long since I have done a Buddha Bowl of the Week! I really wanted to make this sushi bowl for ages, and I wish I’ve made it sooner. It will now be a regular dish for sure! My boyfriend absolutely loved it. It’s also very good for people who have to serve for meat/fish eaters, as you can easily sub the tofu for smoked salmon, tuna sashimi, prawns, or any other fish or meat they like to eat.
- Salad Bowl:
- Handful baby spinach
- Handful sushi rice, cooked
- Handful steamed edamame beans
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 radishes, sliced
- Alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Marinated tofu
- Pickled ginger
- Sesame Ginger Miso Dressing:
- 1 tbsp miso
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Step 1 Start by cooking the sushi rice as per the packet.
- Step 2 Steam the edamame beans (if using frozen ones).
- Step 3 Now prepare all the vegetables.
- Step 4 Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Step 5 Assemble the bowl by starting with the baby spinach, alfalfa sprouts, shredded carrot, radish, edamame , pickled ginger and top off with the sushi rice.
- Step 6 Now add the marinated tofu (warm or cold) and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Step 7 Serve with the sauce and wasabi (optional).