This tempeh is sooo delicious. And it’s actually very easy to make! Tempeh is a high-protein, fermented meat substitute, making it a healthier option over organic tofu, because it is less processed.
Per serve: 185 kcal // 17g protein • 20g carbs • 7g fats
- 300g tempeh
- 6 tbsp bumbu paste
- Step 1 This is as simple as 1, 2, 3. Please refer to my bumbu recipe (linked above) to make this spice. If you are making bumbu just for this recipe, then you can opt using the ingredients in a lower quantity, e.g. 3 shallots, 1 clove of garlic, a bit of turmeric, ginger, galangal, etc. you’ll get the memo.
- Step 2 Now heat a wok or frying pan over medium heat and add 6 tbsp of the bumbu paste to it.
- Step 3 In the meanwhile you’ll crumble the tempeh and add this to the wok.
- Step 4 Keep stirring and frying this over medium heat until all the tempeh is covered in the paste and warmed up.
- Step 5 Serve immediately with some rice and vegies, like my Sayur Bean Salad.