I have to admit – I am not a big cauliflower fan. But this recipe is great! They are spicy yet sweet, and the salad dressing is INCREDIBLY TASTY!! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or lunch.
If you don't have an air fryer, just pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees and roast the cauliflower for 25-30 min until golden brown.
- For the cauliflower wings:
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx. 2 cups of florets)
- Tempura batter mix + water
- Cumin + paprika
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ¼ cup ketchup
- For the salad dressing:
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1 sprig of fresh dill, minced
- salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- For the salad:
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ small red onion, peeled
- 1 medium head of red leaf lettuce (or romaine, butter lettuce etc)
- Step 1 Start prepping the cauliflower. Break into pieces and prepare your tempura batter. You can buy pre-made ones to mix with water, or make your own by Googleing (with flour and water). Add some cumin and paprika to taste to the batter. Mix the cauliflower pieces in the batter until all covered. Transfer to your air-fryer and fry for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Step 2 In the meanwhile, make your cauliflower dressing by mixing the maple syrup, sriracha (or hot sauce) and ketchup together. When the cauliflower is ready, add to this mixture and cover all pieces before serving.
- Step 3 Now mix the salad dressing ingredients together in a blender or bowl.
- Step 4 Prepare all your salad ingredients and add to a big bowl or plates. Drizzle with the tahini ranch.
- Step 5 When the cauliflower is ready and covered in the sriracha mixture, put them on top of your salad and serve.