Lunch bowls are amazing! It’s perfect for food prep and full of great nutrition to get you through the day. This Dragon Bowl is my latest creation, based on a recipe by The Buddist Chef.
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 250ml vegetable broth
- 300g tempeh
- Dragon Sauce:
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- To serve: spinach leaves, quinoa, sprouts, pumpkin seeds, pickled ginger and pomegranate seeds (optional).
- Step 1 In a bowl, combine the toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup and vegetable broth.
- Step 2 Cut the tempeh into triangles and place in a pan. Pour the vegetable broth mixture over the tempeh. Simmer until the broth is absorbed (about 15 min).
- Step 3 Combine maple syrup, vegetable oil, powdered garlic, soy sauce and nutritional yeast in a Nutribullet or other blender.
- Step 4 Cook the precooked quinoa as described on the packet.
- Step 5 Serve in a bowl along with quinoa, fresh spinach leaves, sprouts, pickled ginger and sprinkle with pumpkin and pomegranate seeds.