I love fennel! I just never really use it in cooking that much. This salad is so easy to make and very very tasty! Make a big batch and have it for lunch the entire week.
Inspired by Deliciously Ella.
- 1/4 cup quinao
- 1 avocado
- 1 small fennel
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoons of dried thyme
- Large handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Large handful of pomegranate seeds
- Handful of pine nuts
- Handful of hazelnuts
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Start by cutting the fennel into thin strips and soak them in a bowl with the juice of 1 lemon, some salt and olive oil. This will soften the fennel while decreasing the aniseed flavour.
- Step 2 Cook the quinoa as described on the packet for 10-12 minutes.
- Step 3 Simply add all the other ingredients into a big bowl and mix together.
- Step 4 When the quinoa is ready, let it cook for a couple of minutes before stirring through the salad.
- Step 5 Add the fennel mixture and mix through.
- Step 6 Serve immediately or store in the fridge.