In addition to all my weekly other lunch bowls, I present to you this week’s Glow Bowl. Again filled with many great nutrients to nourish your body & soul!
- For the balls
- 500g cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 150g firm tofu
- 1 (chipotle) pepper, minced
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 handful parsley
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- For the almond cheese
- 2 cups slivered almonds, soaked and drained
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- juice from 1 lemon
- For the bowl
- 4 zucchinis, spiralised
- 2 green apples, sliced
- 100g hazelnuts
- 4 servings of brown rice (I use microwavable steamed rice)
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Step 2 Cook your sweet potato in a microwave by pricking it with a fork and add to high for 10 minutes.
- Step 3 When the potato is ready, let it cool while you’re making the almond cheese.
- Step 4 To make the almond cheese, add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 5 Add all the ingredients for the balls (except the bread crumbs) in the food processor and add the mashed potato. Blend until smooth.
- Step 6 Roll the mixture into little balls and roll through the bread crumbs. Transfer to an oven plate with baking paper or silicone mat.
- Step 7 Bake for 30 minutes.
- Step 8 In that time, spiralise your zucchini, slice your apple, steam the rice and assemble your bowls with all ingredients.
- Step 9 Serve warm or cold.