Ohhh I love falafels! At Prahran Market in Melbourne is this little food truck “The Falafel Man” who feeds us the best falafels in town. I have tried to recreate these delicious and crispy chickpea patties. They are best served for lunch in a pita pocket with some fresh salad, tomatoes, olives and vegan tzaziki. Yum!
- 2 cans of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup of (oat) flour
- ½ a cup of chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of salt, pepper, chili powder and sweet paprika
- Step 1 Pre-heat the oven for 200 degrees Celsius.
- Step 2 Put all the ingredients in a food processor until you get a thick consistency.
- Step 3 Knead them into little patties or balls.
- Step 4 Prepare an oven plate with a baking sheet and transfer the falafel patties on here.
- Step 5 Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Step 6 If you like them crispier, you can also deep-fry them or bake them in a frying pan with some oil.