Mmmm this salad is mouthwatering! The combo of honey and balsamic with the sweetness of the roasted figs go SO well with the bitter taste of rocket salad. Add some walnuts for crunch, (vegan) goat’s cheese for smoothness and shallots for a bit of a kick… and you’re done!
- Honey Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbspn Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or ½ tsp. dried)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- For the salad
- 6 fresh whole figs, halved
- 2 large handfuls of rocket salad
- ¼ cup (vegan) goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- Step 1 Turn oven to high grill. In a small bowl combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until it starts to get syrupy. Remove from heat and add to a baking dish with the fresh figs. Place in the oven under the grill for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Arrange the rocket on a plate. Top with the roasted figs, cheese, walnuts, and shallots. Drizzle the warm dressing over the top and serve immediately.