This Rainbow Salad was so satisfying. We grew some heirloom carrots and ~might I add~ you just feel the nutrients from these organic, homegrown beauties entering your body! I know this sounds so cheesy but it’s true.
- bunch of (heirloom) carrots
- 1 pear, sliced
- 2 handfuls of rocket salad
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- bunch of radishes, sliced
- For the glaze:
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple/rice malt syrup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- Step 1 Turn your oven to high grill.
- Step 2 Add all the ingredients for the glaze in a small pot and put on low heat. Continue to stir until combined.
- Step 3 Add the carrots to a baking tray and drizzle with the glaze. Grill for 15 min under medium/high grill.
- Step 4 Add the carrots and pear on another baking plate and grill for 5-10minutes in the oven as well.
- Step 5 Add the rocket to a plate with the radishes and throw in the heirloom carrots, pear and walnuts when they’re done.