Yes, you’ve read it right: MacChickpea. This sandwich is named after a Big Mac, because my partner came home one day and said: “The sandwich you made for lunch tasted like a Big Mac!”. One of our friends now asked if we could meet up for lunch soon and if I could “bring my Big Mac sandwiches”. And this name was born. This sandwich is SO easy to make and full of goodness. Just make a batch that will serve about 4 sandwiches. You can leave in it in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
MacChickpea Sandwich (with my secret ingredient!)
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 5 pickled cucumbers, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp of capers
- 2 tbsp of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of hot mustard
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of curry spices (the secret ingredient!)
- some salt & pepper
- To serve: alfalfa sprouts, spinach and shredded carrot on 2 slices of (ezekiel) bread
- Step 1 Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Put in a bowl and mash with a potato masher or your fork.
- Step 2 Chop the pickled cucumbers and add to the bowl.
- Step 3 Add all the other ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Step 4 Assemble the sandwich: 2 slices of bread with spinach leaves and shredded carrot. Add 1 big tablespoon of the mixture and top with alfalfa sprouts or any other of your favourite vegies.