I was supposed to roast cauliflower in the oven but on a scorcher of a day (38°C) I was like nah… So I whipped this salad together with all the ingredients I still had in my cupboard. When I posted this on Instagram my brother sent me a message that he was going to make this salad that night, so I think we have a winner!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 bag of microwave brown rice
- 1 handful of slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 can of black beans, washed
- 1 can of kidney beans, washed
- 1 can of corn kernels, washed
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Greens such as rocket or spinach
- Step 1 Rinse 1 cup of quinoa and add to a pot with 2 cups of boiling water. Cover for 15 min until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and let it cool down in the fridge (or freezer).
- Step 2 Steam 1 bag of microwave brown rice. Mix the quinoa and rice with slivered almonds, hemp seeds, olive oil, lime juice and a tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional).
- Step 3 Rinse 1 can of black beans, 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can of corn. ·
- Step 4 alve 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes and mix with 1 red onion (chopped) + juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper
- Step 5 Dice 1 ripe avocado and drizzle with juice of 1 lime and a bit of olive oil
- Step 6 Serve on a plate with a handful of greens, such as rocket or spinach leaves.