Another week, another bowl! Seriously, bowls are my favourite lunches to prep. So easy and fun, you can get creative with many recipes like you can find here. This week a bowl with miso-glazed tofu, freekeh grains and a miso-tahini dressing. Enjoy and don’t forget to share your creations on Instagram and tag @VeganishRecipes.
- 1 cup of freekeh
- 150g of firm tofu
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp of cooking sake (optional)
- 1 cup of edamame beans
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sauerkraut or pickled red cabbage
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- Step 1 Prepare the tofu marinade by adding the maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, mirin, soy sauce and cooking sake in a bowl. Slice the tofu and leave to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Cook your freekeh as described. Mine cooked for 6 minutes in the microwave and had to leave it covered for another 10 minutes.
- Step 3 Steam the edamame in your microwave or steam basket.
- Step 4 Roll your zucchini slices into little balls.
- Step 5 Bake the tofu with marinade in a large pan until golden brown, for approx. 5-8 minutes.
- Step 6 To make the dressing, just add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Step 7 Assemble the bowl: add all the ingredients and drizzle with the sauce.
- Step 8 For food prep, I pack the sauce separately as I don’t want to get my bowl to become soggy.