Come on, who doesn’t love sushi? I have made some pretty good rolls before. But whilst I was making my Sushi Salad I thought, let’s make some sandwiches from the leftovers. So here they are: Onigirazu.
On YouTube you can find exactly how to “fold” them into a sandwich.
- 1 cup of sushi rice, cooked
- handful of spinach
- seaweed salad
- crispy fried shallots
- marinated tofu
- kewpie mayonnaise (or normal -vegan- mayo)
- wasabi (or wasabi kewpie)
- Nori sheets
- Anything else you'd like to add, like avocado, carrot or cucumber
- Step 1 Cook the sushi rice. You can read how to make the perfect sushi rice in the link above for my Sushi Rolls.
- Step 2 Take some cling wrap and add the nori sheet to it. Now press a small handful of sushi rice to the middle and form it into a flat square.
- Step 3 Add some spinach, mayo, tofu and other ingredients.
- Step 4 Add another small handful of flattened rice on top.
- Step 5 Fold the sheet and press firmly so the nori sticks to the rice.
- Step 6 Wrap tightly in the cling wrap, and cut in half with a wet knife.
- Step 7 Transfer to an air tight container and save for lunch!