This low-carb version of fried rice is seriously the easiest meal to make – perfect for those busy working days. I’ve whipped this up in less than 15 minutes. Serve with a fried or scrambled eggs if desired, or mix in some microwavable rice if you’d like more carbs. But this was super filling and satisfying without the extra carbs!
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 heads of cauliflower, riced in your food processor
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1.5 cup frozen green peas (170 g)
- 1.5 cup frozen corn (170 g)
- 1.5 cup of frozen carrot pieces (170g)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- tofu nuggets (preferably pre-marinated)
- Step 1 Cut your cauliflower in half and break off the heads and add them to your food processor. Mix for 10-20 seconds until crumbled.
- Step 2 Bring the sesame oil to medium-high heat in a wok or large pan.
- Step 3 Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two.
- Step 4 Add the red pepper flakes, riced cauliflower, peas, green onion, peas, corn and carrots, tofu and soy sauce.
- Step 5 Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, stir often.
- Step 6 Add some sweet and sour sauce if you’d like.
- Step 7 Serve with a fried or scrambled egg, if desired.