This combo is GOLDEN! The flavours are amazing and I didn’t know making artichoke was this easy. It always seemed a very scary vegetable (it is actually a flower… even scarier!) but it’s really delicious with a (vegan) aoli or even truffle mayo of you happen to have some on hand.
- 1 artichoke
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful basil
- balsamic vinegar
- pepper & salt
- 25g rocket salad
- bunch of asparagus
- Step 1 Prepare artichokes for steaming by snapping off the tough outer leaves. Now cut off top 1/3 of artichoke. Snip remaining sharp or spiky tips using kitchen scissors. Trim stem so artichoke stands upright. Rub cut surfaces with lemon to prevent discoloration.
- Step 2 Prepare your steam basket and boil water. Now add the artichoke to the steam basked stem side up and cover the pot. Steam for 25 min until soft.
- Step 3 In the meanwhile, cut the stems of the asparagus and roast them in a pan with some water or oil.
- Step 4 Halve the tomatoes and mix them with chopped basil, balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper to taste.
- Step 5 Assemble the salad on a plate. Add the rocket with asparagus and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or glaze.
- Step 6 Be careful while taking out the artichoke and add it on top of the salad. Cut out the heart (but eat it, it’s delicious!) and add the caprese salad in the middle of the artichoke.
- Step 7 Enjoy!