The sauce for this awesome recipe can be found in my previous post here. This recipe is low-carb and so simple! Can be eaten hot or cold, I warmed it up a bit by adding the zuchetti to a stir fry with some walnut oil (olive oil will do too!). If you don’t have a spiraliser, simply slice your zucchinis very thinly and then into small strips.
- 1 cup (125g) walnuts
- 1 cup (140g) pepitas
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 leaf of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour of choice
- 1 tsp charcoal powder (optional for the black colour)
- 5-6 zucchinis for the zuchetti
- Step 1 Start by making the homemade sauce from my last post (link above).
- Step 2 Add the walnuts and pepitas to your food processor and pulse a couple of times to a fine meal. Now add all the other ingredients (except zucchini).
- Step 3 Add some more flour if the consistency is too moist.
- Step 4 Wash and dry your hands, and cover in some flour. Roll the mixture into balls.
- Step 5 Heat up a large fry pan if you’re serving this dish warm. Add some (walnut) oil to the pan and fry them on low-medium heat while turning them around so they are fried evenly.
- Step 6 In the meanwhile, spiralise your zucchini.
- Step 7 If serving warm, add the zucchini to a large stif fry with some (walnut) oil or water and stir constantly for about 3-5 minutes (don’t let it become soggy!).
- Step 8 Serve or save in an air tight container up to 3 days in the fridge.