Come jump on the Indonesian / Balinese wagon with me! You can find more Indonesian recipes here like bumbu paste, bumbu tempeh goreng, acar ketimun, pisang goreng, or mixed all together into my Bumbu Bali Bowl. These beans make a lovely side dish, served with rice, satay and protein like tofu or even fish (it’s still veganISH okay…)
- 500 gr green beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ketjap (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp sambal oelek (or sriracha)
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- Step 1 Chop the ends of the beans and wash them thoroughly. You can also use canned or frozen beans.
- Step 2 Heat a wok on medium and add the chopped onion and garlic, ketjap, ginger powder and sambal.
- Step 3 Add the beans and mix well.
- Step 4 Add the coconut milk and cover with a lid (if you have one).
- Step 5 Cook for 8-10 min and serve immediately.