Wow! This pasta sauce is FULL of flavour. Obviously you can buy store-bought sauce, but these are often loaded with sugars and preservatives. Making your own sauce is this easy as 1-2-3. Just follow these steps and thank me later! And they are the perfect match for my beetballs…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 big cans peeled crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional but recommended)
- Step 1 Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oils. Stir in your minced garlic.
- Step 2 Now add all the other ingredients one by one. Keep on stirring and once the sauce starts to boil, turn to low heat and simmer with a lid on. Check and stir occasionally.
- Step 3 After 20-25 min, check the thickness of the sauce. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water, or if it’s too thin, let it simmer for a bit longer.
- Step 4 Serve immediately or store in fridge for up to 1 week or freezer up to 1 month.