Pre made pasta sauces from the supermarket isle are obviously quick & ready to go! But they are often loaded with sugars and lots of salt. Making your own sauce is so easy and I promise you – this one is ready within 5 minutes. Just get out your blender or food processor – or if you don’t have this you can use canned diced tomatoes (with their brine) and chop up all the ingredients very finely. This sauces is the perfect match with some zuchetti and beetballs.
- 3 small tomatoes
- 75g sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp oregano
- handful of fresh basil
- 3 spring onion stems, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 small beetroot, slivered
- Step 1 Simply add all the ingredients to your food processor and mix until smooth.
- Step 2 Warm up in a small pot over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Step 3 Add to your pasta and there you go!