I am going all-in with this Indonesian thang, okay? This sour cucumber salad makes a great side dish, especially if you’re having a spicy stir fry. Feel free to make a big batch and leave it in an vacuum-locked, clean, glass container in the fridge for you to use whenever you please!
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cm ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric (or a bit of fresh turmeric!)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp honey or coconut sugar
- 125 ml white vinegar
- Step 1 Simply chop chop chop all the ingredients and add them to a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the honey or coconut sugar as well.
- Step 2 Now transfer the mixture to a glass jar and cover with white vinegar.
- Step 3 Leave for at least 1h before serving, or just leave in the fridge to pickle even further!