This cripsy facon is tha bomb! It’s ready within 15 minutes and you can keep it in an air tight container in the freezer for aaages. Make a big batch and sprinkle this little gem on top of your pasta, salads, pizza, soups or have them as a snack. My partner kept snacking on them because they are too delicious!
- 2 cups plain unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke (or 2 extra tsp of smoked paprika)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp (coconut) oil
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celcius. Line an oven plate with a silicone mat or baking paper.
- Step 2 Whisk all the ingredients (except the coconut flakes) in a bowl until combined.
- Step 3 Place the coconut flakes into a large bowl and pour the mixture on top. Mix with your hands until the coconut flakes are fully coated.
- Step 4 Spread the flakes out onto the oven plate and bake for 15 minutes, stir every 5 minutes or so to prevent burning. The flakes should look dark and feel dry, so if they are not ready after 15 min give them another 3-5 minutes.
- Step 5 Let them fully cool and they’ll be crisp & delicious.
- Step 6 Store in an airtight container in the freezer.