Sausage rolls are the ultimate Aussie party snack – so they couldn’t be missed on Grand Final Day here in Melbourne. I actually didn’t know how quick and easy it is to make them, so definitely try for yourself and serve them up with some (homemade) ketchup the next time you are throwing a party. For more party foods, follow the link here.
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 300g of firm tofu
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 3 sheets of puff pastry, cut into 4 squares, thawed but keep cold
- Step 1 Prehaet your oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Step 2 Combine all ingredients (except the pastry) in a food processor. This will be your filling mixture.
- Step 3 Cut puff pastry sheets into squares.
- Step 4 Spread mixture onto puff pastry squares
- Step 5 Bake for 20 mins at 200ºC.
- Step 6 Serve with ketchup. I have sliced them into smaller, bit-sized pieces. Yum!