These homemade muesli bars are your best buddy for a snack! They are nut free but filled with fibre and goodies that will keep you full and satisfied.
Recipe by Oh She Glows.
- For the dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (25 g) puffed rice
- 1/4 cup (40 g) white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (40 g) pepita seeds
- 1/4 cup (30 g) ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup (45 g) dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or fine sea salt
- For the wet ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (63 g) almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 mL) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- Step 1 Grease a large square tin with coconut oil.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
- Step 3 Add the wet ingredients to a small pot and warm over low heat until combined.
- Step 4 Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture with a spatulata. Mix together.
- Step 5 Transfer the mixture to your cake tin and press down with your hands or a roller pin.
- Step 6 Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Step 7 After 15 minutes, slice into equal bars.
- Step 8 Store in fridge or freezer.