I have made banana bread before, which turned out great. But might I say… this one is new & improved. So moist, tasty and sweet. Perfect as brekky or a quick snack-on-the-go. Spread with some homemade chia jam, vegan butter or coconut oil.
- For the wet ingredients:
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp (15 g) ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plant-based mylk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- For the dry ingredients:
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp (60 g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (50 g) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) flour, I used plain white flour
- Step 1 Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees fan-forced.
- Step 2 Grease a loaf pan with some coconut oil and set aside.
- Step 3 Mash the banana and add all the wet ingredients to a large bowl.
- Step 4 Stir the dry ingredients in one by one.
- Step 5 Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add toppings like walnuts, pepitas or sliced banana if desired.
- Step 6 Bake the loaf for about 50 minutes.
- Step 7 Let the loaf cool on a rack or the stove for 30 minutes or longer (very important!)
- Step 8 Slice the loaf once cooled. Wrap individually and put in the fridge for 4-5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.