Another Indonesian dish which I love is pisang goreng, or fried banana fritters. These are SO easy to make! They are sweet and crispy … ohh just a perfect party snack, finger food or just as a little side dish to your stir fry or “rijsttafel (rice table, with famed Indonesian dishes such as Bumbu Tempeh Goreng, Sajoer Green beans, Acar Ketimun or sour cucumber salad, Satay, Krupuk, Rice, Sambal)
- 1 cup flour (any)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 (flax) egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 4 tsp Cointreau or rum (optional)
- 5 bananas or 10 finger bananas
- oil for frying
- Step 1 Heat a deep fryer or wok with oil.
- Step 2 Mix all the ingredients except the bananas in a bowl. Stir well until a batter forms.
- Step 3 Peel the bananas and cut them in half, and in half again if using large bananas.
- Step 4 Put them into the batter until covered and transfer to the heated wok with oil.
- Step 5 Fry shortly, like 2-3 min maximum, and serve immediately. Also nice with a bit of icing sugar.