Finally! RAW CHEESECAKE! I have experimented and came up with this perfect recipe which has great texture and flavour. Very easy to make, but make sure that you freeze the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or longer. Also, make sure to soak the cashews for at least for 4 hours (or 1 hour in hot water). Yes you’ll need to prep for this beauty, but it’s worth it! For the pink colour, you can use pitaya powder from Just Blends (Australia) or Raw Nice (Europe).
- For the crust:
- 10 dates soaked for 5 min in warm water
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats, grounded into a fine meal
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- For the mixture
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 4h or overnight in cold water or 1h in hot water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 vanilla beans, sliced into small pieces
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 20g melted coconut oil
- 45g melted cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp pitaya powder
- Step 1 Add the ingredients for the crust into a food processor and mix. Put in a 8-inch cake form and store in the fridge while you make the mixture.
- Step 2 Add all the ingredients for the mixture in the food processor. Do not add the pitaya powder yet. I have left a small bowl out before adding the pitaya powder, to create a swirl-look.
- Step 3 Now spread the pink mixture into your cake form and scoop the white mixture on top.
- Step 4 Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Step 5 Before serving, let it thaw for 10-15 minutes and top with fresh berries and eatable flowers.