For some reason I am not a massive fan of ice cream. But this home made coconut ice kreme is something else! I’ve added some natural colouring from Just Blends and Blue Matcha to create the unicorn colours. It’s super easy and quick to make and a way more healthier option than sugar and dairy loaded ice creams.
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 cup soaked cashews (for at least 4 hours or overnight, or in boiled water for 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup plant mylk
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp blue matcha powder
- 1 tsp pitaya powder
- 1 tsp butterfly pea powder
- Step 1 Pit the dates and add to a bowl of hot / boiled water.
- Step 2 Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Step 3 Add the cashews and plant mylk to a high-power blender until it has a creamy thick consistency.
- Step 4 Add the canned coconut milk, drained dates and cinnamon to the blender.
- Step 5 Pour the finished mix into 3 separate containers. Add each colour one container and mix. Add the mix to 3 plastic zip lock bags and place it into your freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Step 6 Next, take the bags out the freezer and break up the mixture while still inside the bag.
- Step 7 Empty the broken up ice cream to your blender and mix one colour at the time.
- Step 8 Scoop each colour to your final container and mix.
- Step 9 Freezer overnight and you’re done!
- Step 10 Before serving, make sure to take it out and let it thaw for 10 minutes or so.